This limited edition palette is available at Ulta and on QVC for $36. I’ve only used it a few times but I love it already!
In the picture directly above the clear film with the shades distorts the colors a little. As you can see in the other pictures the colors are vivid and beautiful. I love that the last three shades lynx, primal, and roar are matte! Nice way to read my mind Tarte. I love some matte shades mixed in with shimmers! Here are some color descriptions:
- 0.09-oz Amazonian clay eye shadow in Meow, a shimmering gold shade
- 0.09-oz Amazonian clay eye shadow in Jungle, a shimmering bronze shade
- 0.09-oz Amazonian clay eye shadow in Wild, a shimmering plum shade
- 0.09-oz Amazonian clay eye shadow in Instinct, a shimmering champagne shade
- 0.09-oz Amazonian clay eye shadow in Primal, a soft matte gray shade
- 0.09-oz Amazonian clay eye shadow in Roar, a matte cobalt shade
- 0.10-oz Amazonian clay eye shadow in Call, a rich petal pink shade
- 0.10-oz Amazonian clay eye shadow in Lynx, a soft matte taupe shade
Tarte shadows are buttery soft and I swear my lids look better after using them. I know that sounds strange but it must be the Amazonian Clay or something. Anyway here are some quick swatches, same shot different angles. You can see that no matter the angle the shadow shades are vivid and full of color.
Click on the picture if you’d like to see a larger version on your screen.
call and lynx are on the outside
meow, instinct, and primal (top center)
jungle, wild, and roar (bottom center)
I haven’t used many matte tarte shadows so I was eager to try these out and I must say primal and roar are great. They swatch a little patchy on my hand but on the lids they work really well. Since this is a limited edition palette check it out soon before it’s gone!